PARENT & TEEN INTERNET USAGE CONTRACT
I know that the World Wide Web is not a toy. It is as interesting, and dangerous as being able to walk down any street, in any town or city, in the world. It reflects all parts of life today, which is fascinating and scary.
- In order to have the privilege of using the World Wide Web, I need to follow these rules, so I can keep myself and my family safe.
- I will never give out personal information to anyone online, including but not limited to:
- my full name, or anyone else's
- my address, or anyone else's
- my passwords, or anyone else's
- my phone number, or anyone else's
- I will always be polite when chatting online, I will treat them with the respect that I expect to be given. If I am treated unkindly, I will not reciprocate in the same manner. I will leave the chat room if I get too angry.
- I will never personally meet anyone I have meet online without the permission of my parents. If this opportunity should arise, I fully expect my parents to come to the meeting.
- I will never call anyone I have met online without the permission of my parents.
- I will report all incidents in chat rooms to my parents and to the room administrators.
- I will not go surfing in areas that are not appropriate including, but not limited to websites:
- that are of a sexual nature
- that promote hate
- that are offensive in language
- that are of a violent nature
- I will not go surfing around looking for new places without my parents permission.
- I will follow these rules whether I am at home, at school, or at a friends. If my friend is not following these rules, I will leave.
- I will not purchase anything online without permission of my parents. If I do not follow these rules I expect that (here's where you put the consequence, ie... to lose computer privileges for one week.)