Congratulations on your employment with Caldwell County Schools. As part of the employment process, you are scheduled to attend an employment processing session with the Department of Human Resource Services in the near future.
Prior to this session, please complete the following forms and bring them to your Employment Processing session. Access each form by clicking on the appropriate link.
1. Recruitment & Selection of Personnel (BOE Policy 7100) for your review. Please read, then hit the back button to return to this page.
2. New Hire Reporting Form
3. Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) Form - Complete ONLY Section 1 on page 7 of this form.
4. Tax Forms: Complete the "Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate" (bottom section).
5. Health Examination Certificate - Employees have 30 days from their first day of employment to have a physician complete this form. Please print this form and bring to your Employment Processing Session for further instructions. Note: Only the TB shot is required (not the other immunizations listed).
6. Drug Free Work-Place: Employees will be given an additional form (Chain of Custody) during their Employment Processing Session as well as additional instructions. This form must be taken to our designated medical facility for urinalysis.
7. Criminal Records Check:
8. Technology Responsible Use:
9. Employee's Record of Aggregate State of NC Service/Longevity Form - On this form you will list only employment you have had as an employee with the state of N.C. Please begin with dates of your first state job and end with your new position in the Caldwell County School system. If this is the first time you have been employed with a N.C. state agency, then you will list only this job.
10. Verification of Prior Employment - Only employees who have prior employment with another N.C. school system or state agency will need to complete this form. You will need to complete the top portion of this form then forward to your former employer to finish completing and then fax to Caldwell County Schools Department of Human Resource Services.
11. Paycheck Options:
12 Monthly Installments Form - 10 month employees can have their annual salary paid to them in 12 monthly installments (checks) instead of 10 checks by completing this form. This option is only available to employees who complete this form on or before the first day of the school year. An employee may discontinue installment pay at any time; however, once installments have been discontinued it cannot be re-established before the next school year which will occur only if this form is completed again on or before the first day of the next school year.
- Direct Deposit Form - Attach a blank check for the account to which you wish your monthly check to be deposited and write the word "VOID" across the check.
- SECU Summer Cash Account and General Information - For your review. Please read, then hit the back button to return to this page.
12. Employee Assistance Program/The Counseling Group - (For your review. Please read, then hit the back button to return to this page.) All employees and their immediate family members are eligible for up to five free counseling sessions per year. Employees should call the Hickory office at 828-322-8736 to schedule an appointment in one of their three locations: Lenoir, Hickory, or Morganton). For more information please visit their website at http://www.thecounselinggroup.com/
BENEFITS: The following items should be completed by employees who are entitled to receive Caldwell County Schools benefit package. To determine if you will receive our benefit package, please click on "Who is Eligible for Benefits" .
13. A Look at Employee Benefits- For your review. Please read, then hit the back button to return to this page.
14. N.C. Teachers' and State Employees' Retirement System - All permanent, full-time employees (normal work week is at least 30 hours) are automatically enrolled in this plan. This mandatory, pre-tax deduction is equal to 6% of the employee's salary. Please view this video for additional information.
15. Supplemental (Optional) Retirement Savings Plans - These optional retirement plans allow you to enroll at anytime.
16. Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act (PPACA) also know as Healthcare Reform - The Health Care Reform Act, passed in 2010, requires all employers to notify employees of requriements and provisions included in the legislation. Please be aware that the new law requires everyone to have health insurance coverage as of January 1, 2014. Failure to comply with this legilsation may result in IRS penalties.
Click here for information on this federal mandate. Please read it carefully and use the email address provided at the bottom of the page, if you need additional information.
17. Medical Insurance for Part-time & Full-time Employees:
- Who is eligible to enroll in a PPO plan with the State Health Plan?
- State employees whose normal work week consists of at least 30 hours. The state pays 100% of the cost for the employee on the 70/30 plan and charges a minimal fee for the 80/20 plan and CDHP plan.
- Permanent state employees working 20 or more hours but less than 30 per week may enroll, but must pay the total monthly contributions.
- Dependent coverage is available at group rates and employees must pay the full cost.
- New employees who enroll themselves and dependents within 30 days of employment are not subject to a waiting period for pre-existing conditions.
- Click Here to Enroll
18. Professional Liability Insurance:
19. Please review the following Insurance Plans then complete the online enrollment. You must complete the online enrollment regardless if you are planning to enroll or decline these policies.
20. Term Life Insurance through Reliance Standard - all full-time employees receive $2,000 of free term life insurance covarage with Reliance Standard insurance by completing this form. Employees can also purchase additional coverage with Reliance Standard for a minimal premium on this form.
21. Wellness Center Discounts:
In addition to completing the forms listed above, please bring the following items with you to the session:
- Your Social Security Card - we must make a copy of this card to submit with your Retirement Enrollment Form/Change Form.
- Another form of identification - Driver's License, Birth Certificate, Passport, etc. For a list of acceptable forms of identification, please refer to page three, column A and/or B of the Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) form .
Thank you for your cooperation in completing this paperwork. If you experience any difficulties with the forms or your insurance options, we will be happy to answer your questions at the Employment Processing session. We look forward to working with you.